Purpose of this role: To ensure an efficient, safe, and accurate handling of stock, and delivery of high-quality service to all customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle carefully the preparation of orders for the goods requested for various jobs/projects;
- Deal with walk-in customers and see to their enquiries in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ensure safe handling, storage and repacking of all products in line with the departmental procedures and company quality standards;
- Load/unload stock in a safe, presentable manner and highlight errors and damages prior to completion;
- Store stock in a safe, orderly and accessible manner;
- Receive/despatch stock and update inventory system with goods issued/received;
- Return of goods from various jobs/projects by following company procedures;
- Inventory counting including yearly stock takes/ spot-checks;
- Assist with implementation of measures for improved warehouse layout;
- Maintain high levels of health and safety awareness and report any areas of concern to the supervisor;
- Action any other aspects to fulfil the operational needs of the business;
- Work according to standard operating procedures in line with company policy;
- Attend any training provided by the company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Planning, organisation, and time management skills;
- Be an exemplary team player;
- Holds strong Health & Safety practices knowledge and awareness;
- IT proficiency and the ability to handle electronic data work.