Tendering and Proposals Executive
Job Posted on 01/03/2022 open till 31/05/2022
The aim of the Engineer shall be to coordinate all aspects of the bid preparation, execute any design functions and administrative requirements for a comprehensive submission on time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Tenders & Proposals submissions and processes;
- Responsible to achieve (and maximise) the company’s planned profit targets, on time delivery and client satisfaction
- Designing cost effective solutions meeting the client’s budget restrictions, yet propose technically viable and enticing solutions to meet the client’s technical requirements and where possible exceed them.
- Prepare the necessary paperwork for the compiling of comprehensive bids and tenders
- Communicating with clients and suppliers alike and know who key personnel are (both external and internal);
- Head technical and commercial meetings with public contracting authorities, consulting engineers and client representatives,
- Conduct negotiations in order to conclude work contracts and secure projects.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Taking on some of the manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Being involved in decision-making processes;
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly;
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
Attributes and experience
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- Planning, organisation and time management skills;
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly when facing any obstacles;
- Stress shouldn’t be a factor to prevent him/her from taking the right decisions;
- Ability to follow directions and Company strategy;
- Strong sense of leadership and learning orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills for both one-to-one and in groups;
- Ability to take an initiative and act on what’s required;
- Project management skills including flexibility and prioritisation of tasks.
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Engineering Environment.
- Experience in working with Fire and Security systems or/and compiling tenders is considered an asset.
- Engineering Warrant will be considered an asset.