The Projects Leader executes the project on time, safely, within the approved budget and in accordance with the contract specifications. S/He performs a key role in project planning, budgeting, and the identification of resources needed. Project accounting functions include; managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimising exposure and risk in the project.
The Project Leader is responsible in achieving (and maximising) the company’s planned profit targets, on time delivery and client satisfaction by:
- ensuring that jobs are carried out cost effectively,
- delivered on time in accordance to customer build specifications
- abide by quality requirements; by communicating with all the relevant team members / other departments and coordinating all the relevant inputs (people, plant and processes)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the overall co-ordination and smooth running of the project including the technical, and quality aspects.
- Assign the right and competent team members according to the specific job requirements to maximise efficiency.
- Maximise the Profit Margins by keeping track of the hours consumed per job per team member and any red hours incurred per job per team member
- Foresee the company revenue per job by ensuring the successful completion of jobs planned and assist with collecting the respective payments accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Analyse the efficient conduction and the completion of high-quality jobs as per company standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Foresee the need of subcontracting human resources as well as liaising and finalising required deals/contracts with the mentioned subcontractors.
- Complete any required monthly reports, costing and billing including the WIP which illustrates jobs listed as works in progress or required follow up
- Ensure that all Project KPI’s are met accordingly.
- Oversees the project purchasing function to ensure material is purchased cost effectively and delivered in a timely manner as per project’s requirements.
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and well developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and drive team members whilst being an exemplary team player.
- Sales oriented with good commercial awareness
- Strong sense of management and leadership skills
- Thorough numerical and analytical skills
- Preferably MQF Level 4 Diploma in Leadership or a related subject;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar managerial role
- Experience with Fire and Security systems is considered an asset.
- Driving License: The job varies between office work and site coordination, surveys & meetings.
- Basic use of AUTOCAD draughting.
a. The list of ‘Duties & Responsibilities’ appearing in this job description is neither necessarily exhaustive nor is any part of this job description permanent or immutable.
b. The job holder shall carry out his/her duties as directed by job holder’s superior.