Primary Purpose: To ensure an efficient, safe and accurate handling of stock, and delivery of high quality service to all customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle carefully the preparation of orders for the goods requested for various jobs/projects
- Deal with walk-in customers and see to their enquiries in a professional and courteous manner
- Ensure safe handling, storage and repacking of all products in line with the departmental procedures and company quality standards.
- Load/unload stock in a safe, presentable manner and highlight errors and damages prior to completion
- Store stock in a safe, orderly and accessible manner
- Receive / Despatch stock and update inventory system with goods issued/received
- Return of goods from various jobs/projects by following company procedures.
- Inventory Counting including yearly stock takes/ spotchecks
- Assist with implementation of measures for improved warehouse layout
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety awareness and report any areas of concern to Supervisor
- Action any other aspects to fulfil the operational needs of the business
- Work according to standard operating procedures in line with company policy
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly
- Possess good communication skills
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Be an exemplary team player
- Holds strong Health & Safety practices knowledge and awareness
- IT proficiency and the ability to handle electronic data work
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese
- Good knowledge & experience in basic computer programs
- Physical aptitude for manual handling of heavy objects
- Experience in a similar role would be considers as an asset