Responsible for installing fire fighting pipes (steel pipes varying from 1” up to 6”), fixtures using clamps, screws, bolts, and other plumbing used for water based systems in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Assemble and install as per shop drawings.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions
- Freehand update of as-fitted drawings
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Be willing to work on high buildings and not afraid of heights
- Must be willing to work in a team or independent