The aim of the Sales Executive is to handle sales enquiries face to face and through e-mails, telephone and other means of requisition, including both public and private request for quotations, courteously and professionally in all the related functions and by maintaining a high standard of service at all times.
The Sales Executive shall be responsible to understand clients’ requirements, guide them towards workable solutions and within their expected budgets and subsequently issue quotations as required in a timely manner. The role shall require flexibility between attending clients at the office, setting up and visiting clients at their premises and responding to commercial and technical requests from the office.
- Attend to sales enquiries from walk-in customers at head office.
- Attend to sales enquires through e-mails, telephone and formal request for quotes.
- Attend to sales enquiries at on-site surveys and meetings with clients.
- Attend to site visits and carry out site surveys as may be necessary.
- Recommend the right solutions/products to satisfy the customer requirements whilst adhering to the Company quality standards.
- Be responsible for preparing and issuing quotes.
- Perform follow ups whilst utilising closing skills / techniques.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation by using the right communication flows.
- Apply appropriately mannered communication skills with clients, colleagues and superiors.
- Comprehend customer requirements, provide high quality service and customer support during site visits.
- Build positive relationships with customers, apply excellent customer care at all times and oversee the preservation of both the clients’ and company’s property and equipment.
- Be aware of electrical, mechanical and chemical health and safety issues, also understand appropriate manual handling techniques.
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly.
- Maintain customer’s trust relationship by keeping service information confidential.
- Act as the company’s internal contact point for the customer during the enquiry and bidding processes.
- Interpret concept drawings and present design concepts to clients and other interested stakeholders.
- Handle multiple simultaneous enquires in a busy environment, by keeping a prioritised listing of outstanding tasks. Monitor & review work load schedule and communicate with Manager when issues are envisaged.
- Review eventual works contracts and purchase orders for correctness and comprehensiveness.
- Handle project creation process on in-house ERP software on confirmation of orders/works.
- Follow-up payments of deposits with clients for confirmed orders/works.
- Preparation and carrying out of detailed handovers backed with documentation in a timely manner for projects.
- Create new project opportunities within (upselling) and outside (cross-selling) the contract scope (Variations).
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
- Have a flair for sales
- Possess good communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrate confidence in his/her ability
- Thorough analytical and problem solving skills
- Hold a respectful, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Able to understand technical diagrams, plan drawings and manuals
- Good organizational skills
- Familiar with mobile tools and applications
- Works on his/her own initiative & operate under minimal supervision.
- Be accountable of assigned tasks.
- Responsible for his/her own time management.
- Knowledge and experience in the service or sales field
- Preferably MQF Level 5 Diploma or MQF Level 4 Certificate in Electrical/ Mechanical or Sales subjects
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese
- Possess a valid driving license