Primary Purpose: To act as the manager's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation, work closely with the Projects Head of Department by providing administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis, helping the HOD to make the best use of his/her time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
- Understand the organisation's aims and objectives.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- carrying out specific projects and research;
- responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- assisting in Tenders & Proposals submissions and processes
- taking on some of the manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- deputising for the manager, making decisions and delegating work to others in the manager's absence;
- know who key personnel are (both external and internal)
- being involved in decision-making processes.
- Attend any training provided by the Company and sit for the respective assessments accordingly
- Any other duties as may be necessary from time to time
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to react quickly when facing any obstacles
- Stress shouldn’t be a factor to prevent him/her from taking the right decisions
- Ability to follow directions and Company strategy
- Strong sense of leadership and learning orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills for both one-to-one and in groups
- Ability to take an initiative and act on what’s required
- Project management skills including flexibility and prioritisation of tasks
- Preferably a minimum MQF Level 5 Diploma in Business Administration or a related subject;
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in both English and Maltese;
- Minimum of 2 years experience within a similar role;
- Strong proficiency with the Internet, Microsoft Office and multi-media/video tools.
- The list of ‘Duties & Responsibilities’ appearing in this job description is neither necessarily exhaustive nor is any part of this job description permanent or immutable.
- The job holder shall carry out his/her duties as directed by job holder’s superior.