The Design Engineer will be responsible to execute the project designs on time, within the approved budget and in accordance with the contract specifications. S/He performs a key role in project planning, budgeting and minimising risks in the project. S/he will be responsible to help achieve the company’s planned profit targets, on time delivery and client satisfaction by ensuring that jobs are carried out cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer build specifications and quality requirements.
• Design all aspects of projects from inception to post completion including costing, engineering & commissioning.
• Responsible for the design of systems used for commercial and industrial purposes.
• Ensure the accurate engineering and execution designs.
• Produce calculations, and approvals to comply with legislation.
• Developing and implementing internal design guides, procedures, design tools and documents.
• Plan, design, cost and contribute toward engineering projects in accordance with company standards.
• Coordinate office work and site surveys / meetings on the projects.
• Provide progress reports as directed by the Department Manager.
• Assist with the support, coaching, training and development of team members to ensure business needs are fully met.
• Assisting in the setting and managing departmental targets and KPI's to measure overall operational performance in line with Company’s objectives.
• Work in teams within a demanding and dynamic environment.
• Plans the appropriate methodology and instigates the appropriate controls.
• Pre-plans jobs and deploys a prioritised work schedule with appropriate time deadline targets.
• Sets, monitors & reviews work load schedule and communicate with Department Manager when issues are envisaged.
• Involves and co-ordinates with all stakeholders: Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Design Engineers, Project Managers, clients, suppliers....
• Provides overall direction to project teams in technical & commercial
• Assist project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area
• Determines how results will be measured
• Anticipate and respond to design and schedule changes
• Coordinates the resolution of engineering design, procurement and scheduling team members.
• Ensure client acceptance is adhered too and in line with the project plans.
• Ensure compliance with the company's management policies and procedures (SOP).
• Coordination of project designs with 3rd parties.
• Create new project opportunities within and outside the contract scope.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.